Streetlight Reporting

Streetlight Reporting

Reporting a Streetlight Problem

There are two types of streetlights in the Town of Qualicum Beach. Typically, streetlights on metal poles are owned and maintained by the Town and streetlights on wooden poles are owned and maintained by BC Hydro. The Town coordinates the streetlight maintenance and repair on Town owned metal pole streetlights and forwards trouble report requests for wooden pole streetlights to BC Hydro for their action and repair. All requests for streetlight maintenance should be directed through the Town regardless of pole type.

If you notice a problem with any type of streetlight in the Town, for example, outage, cycling or dim light, please phone Town Hall or send an e-mail detailing the light you have noticed that needs maintenance. When reporting please provide as much detail as possible such as: street address, type of pole, closest intersection, and north/south/east/west direction.

Contact information

Phone: 250.752.6921

Submit a Streetlight Trouble Report

* required fields
Name *
E-mail *
Streetlight Location (nearest street address)
Problem Description

Personal information on this form is collected under the guidelines of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be used for the purpose of administering the Streetlight Reporting program. Questions about this collection can be directed to the Corporate Administrator, Box 130, Qualicum Beach, BC or at 250-752-6921.

The Town of Qualicum Beach will keep your information on file for 30 days after receipt of your report to ensure that the problem is resolved for you. After that 30-day period, we will delete your personal information from our streetlight reporting database.

Copyright 2023 Town of Qualicum Beach - Login / page #678