Licensing & Permits

Licensing & Permits

Following is more information on some of the licenses you may need to operate a business in Qualicum Beach.

Burning Permit

Burning in Qualicum Beach must opertate under specific conditions and locations and requires a burning license.
  • Burning Permits
  • FAQ Burning Guide

    Building Permits

    A Building Permit is required for various construction. For more details visit the link below.

    Business License

    If you wish to conduct business in the Town of Qualicum Beach, you require a business license. This includes contractors and other mobile businesses that may have a primary location outside of the Town.

    Development Permits

    The Official Community Plan (OCP) identifies areas in Town with specific guidelines related to unique site conditions, ie. development permit areas. Unique conditions include proximity to the commercial core, environmentally sensitive areas, hazardous slopes, flood plains, heritage value, and other considerations. Development permit area may have specific requirements for the design and construction of buildings, modification of landscaping or terrain, removal of trees, involvement outside professionals, or other considerations.

    Dog Licence

    All dogs over the age of 8 weeks must wear a current-year Town dog tag. Dog licence tags expire annually on December 31st. Renewal notices are mailed out at the end of November. Come into Town Hall to process your license.

    Mobile Vending Permit

    Please note that mobile vending businesses can only operate in the municipal boundaries of Qualicum Beach with a special permit that is approved by Council.

    Sign Permits

    All signage in the Town must be approved before posting. Application forms are available at the Town Hall, or by clicking the "Forms and Applications" link at the top of this page.

    Special Event Permit

    The Town of Qualicum Beach recognizes the benefits of special events within the many public spaces of our community. Special events from block parties to large festivals may require special permission and the Town is here to help.
  • Special Event Permit
  • Cliamte Leader
    Copyright 2020 Town of Qualicum Beach - Login / page #300